Skip to content
- Determine the amount of sand you will need by checking the label on the filter or call us with the name of the manufacturer and the model number.
- Now that you have the correct amount of sand; remove all the hoses and place them back into the pool so you do not lose any pool water.
- Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the filter and let the water drain out.
- Remove the clamp from around the multiport valve on your filter.
- Using a wet-dry vac (without the shop vac filter) suck all the sand out of the filter. The sand can be disposed of in flower beds around the yard.
- Using Duct Tape cover the opening of the standpipe coming up in the middle of the filter.
- Put the drain cap back on the bottom of the filter. Fill the tank half full of water.
- Once the tank is half full of water; add the correct amount of sand to your filter.
- When all the sand is in the filter tank; remove the Duct Tape and connect the multi-port valves and hoses.